Sunday, June 27, 2010

are families natural?


this morning I saw my mother for the 1st time in 16 months | words can't articulate the visual impact of a parent weighing 39 kilos | who is 63 and looks 93 | the need to present a relaxed and understanding face to my mother under these circumstances requires immense self control

+

she looks absolutely awful | today has been an intense reality check and confirmation how mortal we all really are | I hugged her in her chair and all one could feel were skin and bones | we talked for about an hour | updating each other as what is happening around the traps |she is eating some food and liquids | still so visually challenging | how challenging this must be for her at her youngish age | such a conflicting image of the vibrant, beautiful and stylish young woman I always remember my mother being

+

I am naturally taking a leadership role with my siblings | am organising a gathering next Saturday afternoon so all interested parties are together | effectively bringing together for the first time in 3 years all of us

+

I miss Douglas so much and the difference between my relationship with him and observing other siblings relationships ... | the contrast is extreme | how did I end up with such a beautiful and intelligent person in the form of Douglas? | I am truly blessed

No comments: