Friday, July 11, 2008

phrases not sentences

after much cajoling from mates of mine, virtual & physical, i have scheduled time in to update | but not in a long winded way | am going to use the traditional literature form of arab culture & use phrases to communicate rapidly! | read Naguib Mahfouz and you will understand

+

listened to Camille Saint-Saens 3 movement from his Organ Symphony this morning & cried | finished Anne de Courcy's sometimes light but galloping newly published bio of Lord Snowdon & discovered another human being who, like me, compartmentalises his life | am nursing 2 dogs & 1 cat after a job lot, group discount on desexing on Thursday & all are languorous, sad, resentful & planning revenge in my absence | am completely shattered by my new mega $ management role & mustn't fall into past behaviour of letting it control not only my waking but also my non-waking hours | the beautiful douglas spent last weekend with a shell 'shlocked' me | my mate ian moved out to work & live in bendigo | am alone again & enjoying the hermit like existence & raking leaves whenever there is light on this island | haven't thought of sex or smiled at any hot pulp mill worker for 5 days until right now ... aw shit, that's my reflection! lol | saw sex n the city ... yawn really, as it was a bit lame & i was not convinced of 'big's character | he being my favourite character as i am so like him | went with my female alta ego Wendy [see below] my intellectual sparring partner so naturally we picked the script to death but did laugh at all the right places, although no one else in the audience did | does that mean gen y & 'gen-lite' don't get irony? | maybe USA cultural imports are finally inflitrating to the core of the ironic australian psyche | caus in my experience, admittedly of many USA men [rephrase ... beefy hot but ultimately dull men] , the irony thing just don't happen with em!

+

participated in a landmark Tasmanian community engagement project yesterday as a 'living book' as part of the 'living library launceston' program | my book title is 'not the only gay in the village' | talk about being popular! | 3 people 'read' me in the space of 2 hrs ... felt like being on an extreme chat show where the audience does the interviewing & not some tedious baby boomer presenter | a fantastic & rare opportunity to dispel some myths about a gay man who ain't 100% gay

1 comment:

Dank Monster said...

huh! i know how you felt. i remember presenting a seminar at tas skool of ''art in 99 whilst doing some post-grad research down there. the only question i got at the end, during question time was from a fellow post-grad student asking in front of the entire lecture theatre if i copped it up the arse. to which i replied hell yeah, you want a turn!